Months ago my Sister blogged a post titled "Sorry I'm Not Sorry." I have been meaning to copy her for a long time and I have finally gotten around to it.
I know I have been MIA for the past couple of months. My life has been a roller coaster and I have been kind of a disaster. I have been angry, sad, happy, distant, loving and cold. There have been many comments made most of which hurt my feelings, but today I'm Sorry I'm Not Sorry.
- I want to be by myself, I don't want company. Sorry I'm not sorry.
- My kids are the most important things in my life, no one else. Sorry I'm not sorry.
- I enjoy time to myself, like all by myself, no phone, no email, no texting, no talking to anyone. Sorry I'm not sorry.
- I can't relax if my kitchen counters are dirty. Learn to deal with it. Sorry I'm not sorry.
- I cry. A lot. And sometimes it is for no reason. Sorry I'm not sorry.
- I finally
likelove makeup, cute clothes and jewelry. Sorry I'm not sorry.
- I put on makeup, fix my hair, and dress cute for myself, no one else. Sorry I'm not sorry.
- I love my family and I love spending time with them. Sorry I'm not sorry.
- I would rather have tea parties than go to the movies. Sorry I'm not sorry.
- I curse like a sailor, I can drink with the boys and on occasion I will take some of your Copenhagen. Sorry I'm not sorry.
- Love me or hate me, I don't care. Sorry I'm not sorry.
This next year is going to be a huge challenge. I know this, there is no denying it. But I plan to "own" who I am this year. Love it or hate it, I am me, I won't let anyone make me feel guilty for feeling the way I do. So you know what? I'm sorry I'm not sorry.