Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

I would like to pay tribute to all of our soldiers on Memorial Day!  Those who have lost their lives to protect our country and those who are fighting to protect us today.  Words will never be able to express my gratitude.  I want to say thank you for doing something that I am not brave enough to do myself.  Thank you for the freedom you have granted us.

Four months ago my husband re-enlisted in the Army Reserves.  There is a possibility that he will deploy this fall, which breaks my heart in a selfish way.  But I know that it is because of people like him that we live in freedom.  A few months ago he was at his monthly training.  My husband and several other soldiers were at lunch and a stranger walked over to them and told them how grateful she was.  When my husband came home and told me the story I said something like "how nice that was of her."  He was embarrassed.  When I asked him why he said "it's not a big deal."  "Not a big deal?"  I wanted to scream?!?!  Serving our country and protecting our freedom is a HUGE deal!  But not to him, he believes it's his duty.

Thank you to all of those who have served our country.  Remember to honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for out nation.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am glad that woman walked up to your husband and let him know that it is a big deal - because it is.

Related Posts with Thumbnails