Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Knock off Burlap Wreath!

I am a huge fan of Jen @ Tatertots and Jello!  Last week I was looking for ideas for my front door wreath and I came across her tutorial for a Burlap Wreath on her site.
 Isn't it adorable?  I decided I had to make one too, but mine turned out a little bit differently.
I used the burlap circles like she did, but was way too lazy to cut out that many circles!  I stitched my circles together and glued a small button in the middle.  And since it is spring I thought I would add some fabric flowers.  I think they are super cute and really easy to make.  First start with a strip of fabric.
 Mine ranged from 3" to 6" long and approximately 1" to 1 1/2" long.  Take a needle and thread and sew the bottom edge, I like my pleats smaller, I think the middle of the flower looks cleaner.
After you have sewed all the way across the bottom, pull the needle tight to make a semi-circle.
 Join the 2 edges and sew them together.  This is what mine looked like, I know my thread doesn't really match but I kinda like it.
Next I cut the petals into my flowers, I made 5 cuts.  This is the finished product.
I made 16 flowers in varying sizes and fabrics for my wreath and hot glued them on.  Next I added the twine to the back of my wreath and added my welcome saying.
The only thing I had to buy for this project was the wreath ($3.50 from WalMart) I had everything else, this is a steal!  Thanks to Jen for the inspiration!

12 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So cute! I love your version!

Will you link it up to my wreath on my blog? I created a linky at the bottom for people to put their versions. That way if someone wants to make one in the future, they can come over and see your version!

Very cute!

XOOX
Jen

Kelsey said...

I LOVE this... I guess we had similar yearnings to make wreaths! I love your flowers... might use some of my next project :)

Unknown said...

I love your variation! very cute :)

Unknown said...

thats adorable!

Angie Holden said...

I really like your version!! :)

Laura said...

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Katie Olthoff said...

I love those flowers! Adding it to my "to do" list on my blog!

neli said...

Just Wonderfull!!!!!!!!!
Love it!

Jane B. said...

This wreath is beautiful! And I love how you made those fabric flowers too. Thanks for linkin' up to Frgualicious Friday...and I followed ya too!

Jane @ Finding Fabulous

Angie said...

I totally think yours is WAY cuter! I love your flowers!

Mona @ la la by mona said...

I love your spin on the burlap wreath. Very pretty. I think I will have to work on a holiday wreath soon and like the flowers for clothes, too.

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

Ooohh, I love your version too! The flowers are so cute. Thanks for the tutorial!

Related Posts with Thumbnails